Weekly Vibes

Friday, April 26, 2013



1. BLOOMS/There's some chemical reaction in my brain that is evoked when I stroll around the city streets and witness the trees in full bloom.  The sight of spring makes me happy and the expansive color palette in nature is creatively inspiring.

2. PALM SPRINGS/This time last year I was celebrating the impending wedding of one of my dearest friends in Palm Springs.  The scenery evokes this sort of nostalgia of the 1950s and 60s and has me dreaming of bright prints, colorful cocktails and oversized baubles.

3. IKAT/This type of design is produced by a specific form of dyeing and the results are individually unique, vibrant, and luxurious.

4. TRIBAL NAILS/I have resisted trying out patterned nails, because as expiremental as I am when it comes to clothing, I'm pretty conservative when it comes to my nails; however, I have been recently inspired by all of the fabulous designs.  I think it's time to get on board with this trend before it's too late.

5. PATTERNS/This pattern, in particular, is very simplistic, but the placement of highlighted colors really makes it pop.  I can envision this design on a pillow, a shift dress (ala Dusen Dusen) or even a canvas, displayed as a piece of art.

Have a great weekend everyone!
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for peeping SF Shop Girl!

Mucho love,
Alex

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

SF Shop Girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger