Let's Get Personal-Always Judging

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Courtney of Always Judging is a BADASS style blogger and fledging famous fashionista! I've been following her on Instagram for over a year, before she even started blogging, because I was in awe of her ability to marry different elements of style in a seamless yet meticulous way.  Not to mention her closet is beyond enviable, she resides in sunny southern California, and is the epitome of "cool". In a matter of months, Courtney has catapulted herself into the spotlight, being featured in publications such as: Who What Wear, Intermix, and Racked LA

I was thrilled to interview her recently about projects she pursuing in the future, dream collaborations, and when she plans to head north, to San Francisco. See what she had to say!




SFSG: How would you describe your style?

Courtney: Australian-inspired, effortless style that runs the gamut of Christine Centenera's glamour to Jessica Hart's laid back ease. Then add a dash of Sienna Miller's understated unpredictability. 

SFSG: What's one thing about you people would be surprised to learn?

Courtney: New clothing scares me.  Literally, I’m a creature of habit and I tend to gravitate towards pieces in my wardrobe that I have an attachment to and have worn for years.  Often when I get something new I’ll let it hang on a clothing bar in my room for a good 3 weeks before I wear it.  I think long and hard about and outfits, waiting until I come up with the perfect way to wear it.  Unless the item is designer shoes, a bag or Acne, then it’s coming right out of the bag and onto my body.

SFSG: Where are your favorite places to shop in Los Angeles?

Courtney: My go-to in LA for shopping is Reformation.  For a few reasons; the girls there are completely awesome and have rad style, the price points are reasonable (not complete bank breakers), and if you love one piece you love it all- which tends to be a problem.  I don’t think I have ever left the store without at least 3 items.  Second- I can never say no to a trip to the Barney’s shoe department.  I’m more of a shoe girl than a bag girl.

SFSG: You came to Los Angeles via Pittsburgh, PA. What brought you to the golden state?

Courtney: Honestly, the weather, simple and sweet.

SFSG: Anything exciting in the works we can look forward to seeing on your blog?

Courtney: I’m working on so many fun projects right now, many of which I am playing designer with some really talented lines.  Pulling inspiration photos and coming up with my own ideas is something I do on a daily basis.

SFSG: Dream collaboration?

Courtney: A capsule collection with Acne.  One can only dream.  Next would be an ongoing agreement with a high-end contemporary brand to do a capsule collection every season with 10 key pieces.  My best friends own LNA clothing and we constantly design our own pieces for fun, most of which come from Tumblr photos.

SFSG: If you had to choose one-3.1 Phillip Lim, Acne, or Elizabeth & James?

Courtney: Tough call since I own so many pieces from all three, but the answer will always be Acne. Acne can do no wrong.

SFSG: When's your next visit to San Francisco?

Courtney: Not sure, possibly in March?  I do know where my first two stops will be; Foreign Cinema for fried chicken and a hat shop in the Mission where I got a Bilmore hat last time I was there. I have an addiction to hats.


Follow Always Judging

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for peeping SF Shop Girl!

Mucho love,
Alex

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

SF Shop Girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger